Sunday, January 3, 2010

comfy like an old shoe

Just came back from a "weekend away" with my hubby, celebrating our anniversary.
It's always nice to get away, see different scenery, share a nice meal and spend quality time with my best friend.
He asked me (as he always does) "do you still love me after all these years?".
Mind you, we've had our ups and downs, had dissagreements and dissapointments, tragedies and triumphs - but I always knew he would "be there" for me. Like best friends should be.
He looked at me and said "what are you thinking?" and I replied: "you are like an old shoe, you are very comforting for me."
I think he took that the wrong way (as men sometimes do) but what I meant is that when life is stressful and pulling you in many directions --to where you want to escape - you WANT to have that "old shoe" where you can retreat to and be comeforted, no matter what.
So, after all these years, I still need my "old shoe" in my life, and I think I'm gonna go give him a hug right now.
YOU go find YOUR best friend and give them a hug right now, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment