Tuesday, January 19, 2010

So, I continue my winter work with my "adopt-a-horse" Kassie. She's pretty "green", meaning that she's inexperienced. She's young, 6 yrs old (a teenager in the horse world) and we just do
some walking around and "ground work" to get her used to things. She gets a little uneasy when she can't see her friends, because (in the horse world) other horses mean protection and being by yourself means danger. She needs to understand that I will protect her from "danger" and not to worry. She's not quite at that stage yet, and she demonstrated that to me by raising her head high, spinning around and bumping me to the ground. Then she galloped off to be with her friends! I need to think like a horse and learn to comunicate to her that I'm the leader and she can follow me! It's hard work earning respect.

1 comment: